|Availability:||In stock (3)|
TWIN GIMPING FOOT WITH GUIDE
Compatibility for group: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Not forsewing machines:
EMERALD™ 122, 118 and 116 machines,
EDEN ROSE™ 250M, TRIBUTE™ 140C.
Wonderful decorative embellishments are easily sewn with this
special foot. Use the Twin Gimping Foot and a 1.6 twin needle
to create three-dimensional satin stitches. Two gimp threads are
guided by the foot as the stitch is sewn.
1. Insert a 1.6 Twin Needle.
2. Thread with two spools of 40 wt. rayon embroidery thread on top and embroidery
bobbin fill or regular sewing thread in the bobbin. The threads can be the same color,
or two different colors.
3. Place the straight end of the Guide into the hole at the top of the presser foot ankle. Tighten
the screw (on some models) to hold the guide in place.
4. Thread the gimp threads into the curly-Q ends of the guide and insert gimp threads into the
guides in the front of the foot and then bring back underneath and into the grooves on
the bottom of the foot.
5. Snap on the presser foot.
6. Place the spools or lengths of gimp threads so they will feed smoothly into the foot as you
7. Select a narrow satin stitch, set the length to 0.4-0.6mm and the width to 1.5mm.
(On some machines; select a narrow and dense zigzag stitch)
8. Use a fabric marker pen and draw a design onto your fabric and sew over it. The design will
be outlined in a three dimensional satin stitch. Use stabilizer as needed.
Tip: If applicable to your machine, put both thread spools in vertical position for a more
even feeding of threads.