|Availability:||In stock (2)|
FREE MOTION ECHO QUILTING FOOT
Compatibility for group: 7
Not for sewing machine:
OPAL™ 670 and 650.
The Free Motion Echo Quilting Foot is designed to give you
more control when freemotion quilting. The large base ensures
good surface contact with the fabric and providesbetter control
of the stitching. The transparent base allows for 360° visibility.
Vertical, horizontal and circular markings on the foot make it
easy to follow a continuousline quilting pattern or design on the
fabric. Sew straight lines or follow patternswith rounded edges in
1. Loosen the presser foot ankle screw completely and remove the ankle. Place the Free Motion
Echo Quilting foot around the presser bar; attach it with the screw.
2. Thread your machine.
3. Select a straight stitch.
4. Set your sewing machine to Free Motion Floating mode. The feed dogs will drop
Note: When the feed dogs are dropped, the fabric is no longer fed by the machine.
You must move the fabric.
5. Bring the bobbin thread to the top by taking one stitch. Hold onto both threads and sew a
few stitches in place to begin.
6. Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the
length of the stitch as you move the fabric.
7. Stitch around the quilting motif, appliqué or pattern on the fabric, maintaining a uniform
distance to outline the shape.
8. Stitch a second row, maintaining a uniform distance from the first row. Use the red markings
on the foot as a guide to keep your spacing even.
9. Repeat as many times as you want to create the desired effect.
Note: When sewing in Free Motion Floating mode at a low speedthe presser foot
will raise and lower with each stitch to hold the fabric on the stitch plate while
the stitch is being performed. At a higher speed, the presser foot floats over the
fabric while sewing.