JOIN AND FOLD EDGING FOOT
Compatibility for group: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Use the Join and Fold Edging Foot together with different types
of edging, such as lace, embroidered trims or various fabrics,
along with the beautiful HUSQVARNA VIKING® stitches to create
beautiful edgings. Make lingerie in a snap, add lace to create beautiful
handkerchiefs or delicate table toppers. This foot will easily guide
the edging and the base fabric through the openings in the front of the
foot, fold the base fabric and simultaneously sew the edging in place.
1. Thread your sewing machine with regular sewing or decorative thread through the needle
and regular sewing thread in the bobbin.
2. Select the stitch you would like to use. For example: the edging could be sewn onto the base
fabric using a straight stitch and a 4mm twin needle or a right justified wide decorative
stitch. Note: Decorative stitches that use forward motion work best. (Avoid stitches with
too much backward motion.)
3. Fold a ¼” (6mm) hem of base fabric to the wrong side, then finger press or iron.
4. Insert the folded edge of base fabric with the right side up into the left fabric guide, and the
edging (right side up) into the right guide. Slide the folded fabric edge and the edging
into the foot, prior to attaching the foot onto the sewing machine.
5. Make sure the base fabric and the edging slide easily through the openings.
6. Snap on the Join and Fold Edging Foot to the sewing machine.
7. Sew carefully, not too fast. If your machine has a speed control, reduce the sewing speed to
easily guide the fabric and edging as you sew. Hold the fabric in your left hand and the
edging in your right hand and sew.